30 Day Squat Challenge!
Welcome to the Lady Fitness 30 Day Squat Challenge. 5 Basic Rules, 9 Cool Variations and amazing results - buy in today for just $10 at any club.
When it comes to butt-sculpting moves, there’s no better, more efficient exercise than the squat. Seriously! This exercise targets not only your glutes, but your thighs and core.
The rules are:
1. Begin with 50 squats. (See squat Variations Here)
2. Have a rest every seventh day (trust me you’ll need it).
3. Increase the number of squats you do each day gradually.
4. Use a minimum of 3 of our approved squat variations during the 30 day period.
5. Keep track of each day you complete the minimum number of squats. Be honest J
By the time you get to the end, you’ll be able to do a maximum of two-hundred-and-fifty squats! WOW! Don’t be scared. You’ll love it. The results will be awesome and well worth it.
Learn The Correct Way to Do a Squat First
There’s the right way to do squats that will give you all of the benefits we’ve already mentioned. And then there’s the wrong way that can do more harm than good.
To avoid injury, you should:
· Put each foot shoulder-width apart.
· Looking straight ahead, keeping the back straight and your chest up, you’ll start lowering yourself down by bending the knees. Make this movement look and feel like you’re sitting down in a chair.
· You should only lower your body to the point of your comfort level but work towards a 90 degree angle with your knees
· Your feet should stay flat on the ground with your weight in your heels.
· You knees should stay behind your toes. Make sure they don’t bow inwards.
· Your arms are out in front of you to maintain balance.
The great thing about this program is the fact that it can do wonders for a broad range of women. Those who stick with it to the very end are sure to see incredible results!
Newbies can certainly take advantage of this plan, too! Don’t worry if you are new to squats…..we didn’t forget about you. We have a Beginner Squat Challenge if that is more your speed.
Does the squat challenge really work? It certainly does!
The benefits are countless: These include developing rock hard glutes, improve quad and hamstring strength, develop better core strength, boost confidence, increase and improve mobility, ramp up fat burn, help prevent injuries, forge strong joints, support healthy posture, obliterate calories and increasing your overall flexibility!
5 Basic Guidelines of This Challenge You Need to Keep in Mind:
To get the most out of this workout, there are some basic guidelines that you should bear in mind. These are designed to ensure you get the best outcome possible:
1. Stretch & warm up – Focus on warming up and stretching out phases. Not only does failing to do so prevent you from enjoying results to its fullest, but it can also leave you open to pulling a muscle or even worse.
2. Make sets – Divide the higher numbers into sets. As this plan gets tougher, remind yourself that you don’t have to push your body to do everything in a single row. Break it down into sets. You’re not cheating yourself by doing so.
3. Have a pause – Do not skip rest days as these are important and recommended for a reason in this program. They’re meant to give your muscles time to regenerate, regroup and get used to the strain you’re putting them through. Skipping them is only going to leave you open to injuries!
4. Maintain correct posture – Always make sure your knees are pointing forward. Proper squat positioning is of utmost importance!
5. It is risky – You are taking this challenge on at your risk. The potential danger is minimal, but it does exist. Failing to warm up or do this exercise properly can cause injuries. This plan is in a general sense feasible for most. You will see improvements day by day. Be patient and stay disciplined!
Remember that you should have fun and if you’re unsure whether or not this exercise plan is for you just consult a physician before starting this challenge. Overall, safety cannot be stressed enough with the 30 Day Squat Challenge so do not forget to warm up and listen to your body.
What is the MOST IMPORTANT thing with squats..??
If there is one thing that can really help to boost your results its going to be performing your squats correctly. This means engaging those butt muscles. How do we do this…?
1. Engage your core muscles. Pull your belly button into your spine, lift upward through your pelvic floor. Finally, straighten your back, think long tall spine.
2. Feet should be shoulder-width or slightly wider. Now lower that booty, imagine you are aiming for the toilet seat (I know, I know). Try maintaining that beautiful upright posture (straight back) and try to stop your knees going past your toes.
3. Okay, now you’re down here…you gotta get back up! Here’s where the magic happens – dig those heels into the floor and push up. Pushing through your heels engages those luscious booty muscles.
4. The entire movement should be smooth and controlled. Try a 2 second count for lowering and then 2 seconds for raising. Slower if you dare.
Just how low should I go..??
This will depend on your level of experience with squatting. If you are new to squats or haven’t been doing them for a while, lower to as close to 90 degrees as possible…toilet seat level. If you are a pro at squats go as low as you possibly can…..90 degrees or lowerJ
Good Luck! Happy Squatting!