Summer Slimdown 5 Week Challenge
Learn WHAT TO EAT and HOW TO EAT IT! The Lady Fitness Summer Slimdown Challenge will transform your body and the way you see nutrition forever. This is not a short term, low calorie diet, this is a lifestyle change that will educate you on how to exercise smarter and fuel your body to burn fat and build the body you’ve always wanted. You could win some pretty sweet swag.....even up to $500 cash!! (Registration deadline: July 7th. Cost $59)
Dates to Know:
1. Registration deadline: July 7th. Cost $59. Earlier Bird $49 by June 30th
2. Orientation: July 7h, 12:00 pm Pleasant View Club. My Fitness Pal Training Session
3. Team Meetings and Weigh ins: Pleasant View Tuesday 8:00-9:00pm OR West Haven: Wednesday 8:00-9:00pm
4. Final Celebration: August 10/11 TBD West Haven Club
1- Employees of Lady Fitness may participate but are not eligible to win any prizes. Not required to pay entry fee.
2- Previous participants may compete again. Previous Grand prize winners not eligible for prizes.
3- All contestants must sign a Code of Conduct Contract.
4- No HCG, chemical diets, prescription diets, OTC diets, cleanses, sauna suits or weight loss surgeries allowed. No extreme diets.
5- Anyone losing more than 8 pounds per week on two consecutive weeks or four non-consecutive weeks will be disqualified.
6- Any health problems or heart conditions will need a medical release form to participate. All participants must complete a PAR-Q form.
1- Lady Fitness Certified Personal Trainers will serve as team leaders. All weigh ins will be done by the trainers only. You must choose one location to attend meetings. All trainers will have the same information to provide to their participants at the weekly meetings. Weekly meetings are a one-hour only.
2- Team Trainers can give eating suggestions and workout suggestions but are limited to holding only one group meeting class a week. Your trainer is available for moral support, advice and questions by text or email.
3- Workout, Sleep, and Food journal is mandatory. We us My Fitness Pal.
1- All Weight loss prizes will be determined by % of weight lost. You must weigh in at your meeting. You cannot weigh in at any other time of the day to qualify for any prizes. Form fitting clothing must be worn, no shoes, and you must be able to roll up your pant legs.
2- All point prizes are counted by trainer. Points are tracked with food logging journals. Trainer tallies are final. Full weeks logging must be completed within 24 hours of team meeting.
3- You can miss one Team meetings and still qualify for the grand prize. You can attend an alternate meeting for information purposes but will not be eligible for weekly prizes that week. You must weigh in each week at your scheduled meeting or this will count for one of your one allowed misses.
4- Measurements will be taken at first and last team meeting. Measured at chest, waist, hips, bicep and thigh.
5- Weekly Workout Challenges: Each a challenge is accomplished and documented with a post to Challenge Facebook page.
6- Grand prizes are awarded to overall winner of all participants. We reserve the right to adjust cash prizes based on participation.
7- Individual Prizes are awarded weekly. Highest Weekly point totals qualify for weekly prizes. Teams will be split up by West Haven and Pleasant View to compete for the weekly prizes. Prizes awarded and given at the following meeting. Participants can only win one weekly prize. Tie breaker based on weight loss.
NASM Certified Trainers:
Teresa Peacock | 801-510-7294 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Carter | 801-864-5503 | email@example.com
How to My Fitness Pal
1. To use My Fitness Pal for food logging. Food logging will be required. We will discuss this in detail tomorrow.
2. Download the My fitness Pal APP. You can also access your account online at myfitnesspal.com
3. Set your goals. The AP will take them and generate a suggested daily calorie guide. This is a good starting point. We can adjust as we move along.
4. Send trainer a friend request using email address.
5. Go to Settings. Sharing and Privacy. Diary Sharing. Mark Friends Only.
6. This will allow me to see your food.
7. Get logging. It will take a bit of effort as you start. It will build your database and it gets easier every day.
1- No children will be allowed at the weekly meetings.
2- Before and after pictures will be taken.
3- Prize winner photos may be taken and posted to social media.
4- No refunds will be given.
5- Trainer decisions are final.
6- Rules are subject to change and will be posted if changed.
· July 7, 12:00: Orientation @ Pleasant View Club
My Fitness Pal Training
· July 10-11: Portions
Challenge: Outdoor workouts
· July 17-18: Meal Planning
Challenge: Circuit Training
· July 25: (both meetings due to holiday) Label Reading, Grocery Shopping
Challenge: Group Exercise Classes
· July 31- Aug 1: Eating on the Go
Challenge: Trainer Workout
· August 8-9: 8:00 pm: Modify Recipes and Recipe Exchange
· August 10/11 TBD: Celebration @ West Haven Club